I think the add_docstring one is best left alone, since if it fails once it
will probably fail for every docstring in the system, and the logging would
be pure noise.

The ma/core one is suspicious - I can't think of any examples where an
error would occur, but if you're interested, I'd encourage you to try and
come up with a corner-case that enters that `except` block.

Eric