Charles R Harris wrote:

> I don't know which is best, although I suspect the statically linked
> version will be larger. It might seem that just pulling in the gemm
> routines wouldn't add much, but they pull in lots of supporting
> routines. To get numpy to link statically you will also probably need to
> have a directory that contains only the *.a versions because the linker
> will default to the *.so if they are present; i don't think there is a
> way to specify the -static flag to the gcc compiler. Maybe someone else
> knows how to do that.

Not really. Since you are *making* a shared library, the flags are already set
to *look up* shared libraries. I do not believe they are overridable, much to my
frequent vexation.

> For ATLAS, I believe the latest versions are also
> recommended because the stable version is so old.

And definitely if you have a Core 2 Duo. The optimizations for that processor
have only been incorporated in recent versions.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco