Sorry this isn't an answer, just noise, but for those here who don't
know, Bruce is the chief maintainer of the vpython project. I have found
vpython aka the visual module to be a highly attractive and useful
module for teaching physics. It would be great if someone with Boost
experience would try to help him out. I wouldn't want him to get falsely
disillusioned with this list as I for one have been looking forward to a
fully numpy-compatible version of vpython.

Gary R.