On Feb 11, 2008 3:49 AM, David Cournapeau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Feb 11, 2008 5:38 PM, Robert Kern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Feb 11, 2008 2:21 AM, Robert Kern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I've just updated the SVN trunk to get the latest numscons merge.
> > > Something broke the support I put in for the setuptools "develop"
> > > command. In order to make sure that setuptools' "develop" works with
> > > numpy.distutils' "build_src", we override the "develop" command to
> > > reinitialize the "build_src" command to add the --inplace option. This
> > > used to work as of r4772, but now any Fortran Extensions have the
> > > generated sources added twice.
> >
> > Spoke too soon. It fails with r4772, too.
>
> Does it mean that it was already broken before numscons merge or not ?

Yes. I think I figured out the problem. "python setup.py develop"
works fine. However, I ran into the problem when I added "develop" to
the end of a command line that already had "build". So essentially,
"build_src" gets run twice. I'm not sure there is anything that can be
done about that given distutils' handling of options.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco