On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 1:16 AM, Peter Norton
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 11:28 PM, David Cournapeau
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Charles R Harris wrote:
>> >

>> > What happens if you go the usual python setup.py {build,install} route?
>>
>> Won't go far since it does not handle sunperf.
>>
>> David
>

> Even though the regular build process appears to complete, it seems to be
> doing the wrong thing. It seems, for instance, that lapack_lite.so is being
> built as an executable:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 11:14 ~ $ gnu file
> /usr/local/python-2.5.1/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/linalg/lapack_lite.so
> /usr/local/python-2.5.1/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/linalg/lapack_lite.so:
> ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked
> (uses shared libs), not stripped
> ???

I think this is "expected" if python was built with one compiler and
numpy with another (python with Forte and numpy with gcc). Distutils
knows the options from python itself, wether it is optional in
numscons (in theory, you can set it up to use python options or known
configurations).

I don't think you will have much hope with distutils, unless you are
ready to add code by yourself (sunperf will be very difficult to
support, though). The numscons error has nothing to do with solaris,
the scons scripts should be there. Could you give me the full output
of python setupscons.py scons ?

David