Hi Tim

2009/1/22 Tim Michelsen <timmichel...@gmx-topmail.de>:
> did you already come to a conclusion regarding this cite topic?
>
> Did you try to run the bibtext extension for Sphinx?

I haven't tried it.  One difficulty is that each docstring needs to be
self-contained, i.e., it must include its own references.  If you want
to maintain a central reference list, this list must either be
generated from the docstrings or, alternatively, the docstrings must
be built from the list.  I don't think the latter is an option really
(since it would require massive merges whenever a reference is
updated).

What it then comes down to, is that there is work to be done in the
documentation editor before we modify the standard.  Unfortunately, I
am flat broke when it comes to free time, but hopefully some other
people have more time to invest in the issue.

Regards,
Stéfan