Hi All,

I don't feel that numpy/scipy did as well in GSOC 2009 as it could have.  I
think this was mostly due to lack of preparation on our part, we weren't
ready when the students started showing up on the lists. So I would like to
put together a selection of suitable projects and corresponding mentors that
we could put on the wiki somewhere and advertise. Just to start things off,
here are two things that come to mind.

   - Python 3k transition. I think it is time to start looking at this
   seriously.
   - Best of breed special functions in cython. These could be part of a
   separate numpy extras package where code is restricted to C, Cython, and
   Python.

Thoughts?

Chuck