On 10/21/2009 3:23 PM, Charles R Harris wrote:
> What exactly *was* the history of that project and what can we learn
> from it?

Imo, what really drove this project forward, is that Skipper
was able to interact regularly with someone else who was actively
using and developing on the code base (i.e., Josef).  While I am confident
Skipper would have made a worthwhile contribution without this,
I think he would agree that he both learned more and was more
productive because he was able to interact with Josef.

One other thing that was important was focus: Skipper (and Josef)
focused in on making sure an important but doable (summer is very
short!) piece of the stats code was refactored, extended,
documented, and tested.

Alan Isaac

PSI do not mean to diminish the importance of the feedback
kindly provided by others.