On 2/18/2012 10:20 AM, josef.p...@gmail.com wrote:
> we need to streamline the code so the bunch of amateurs doesn't
> understand what's going on and cannot effectively threaten a fork
> anymore.

I don't mean to take today's peculiar post too seriously,
and your opening line undermines that.  But of all the
oddities in it, this one seemed most peculiar.

How does "stream-lined" code written for maintainability
(i.e., with helpful comments and tests) become *less*
accessible to amateurs??

That just does not match my experience in the least.

And btw, as someone who has (backwardsly enough) translated
a little C++ and C to Python, I found C++ much easier to
grok without leaving my Python perspective. (The technical
questions are entirely separate, of course.)

Alan Isaac