Le mardi 14 août 2012 à 21:21 +0200, Ralf Gommers a écrit :
> On Sun, Aug 12, 2012, Fabrice Silva <si...@lma.cnrs-mrs.fr> wrote:
>         I made a pull request [1] to integrate the LSODA solver that
>         is used in odeint into the modular scipy.integrate.ode generic
>         class. In a similar way as for vode, it just wraps the already
>         present lsoda.f file (see .pyf file) and exposes it within an
>         IntegratorBase subclass adjusting the coefficients before
>         calling lsoda.
>
> Does that mean that odeint can be made a wrapper around lsoda and that
> the odepack static extension can be completely removed?

Hi Ralf,
The pull request allows to run the integration using the object-oriented
interface ode, with the same solver than the odeint interface uses, i.e.
lsoda, extending the integrators available for the object-oriented
interface.

As I understand the scipy.integrate architecture, we are by now
building:
* the odepack library, which has all the fortran sources required by
lsoda and vode at least.
* the _odepack extension, which defines the _odepack module needed by
odeint.

This latter would be removable, and odeint a wrapper around the lsoda
pyf'ed function. I suppose you are talking about the _odepack extension,
am I wrong?

--
Fabrice Silva