Hi All,

The question has come up as to how much effort we should spend backporting
fixes to 1.8.x. An alternative would be to tag 1.9.0 early next year,
aiming for a release around April. I think there is almost enough in
1.9-devel to justify a release. There is Sebastian's index work, Julian's
continuing work on speedups, the removal of oldnumeric and numarray
support, and various other deprecations and cleanups that add up to a
significant number of changes. I've tended to think of 1.9 as a cleanup and
consolidation release and think that the main thing missing at this point
is fixing the datetime problems.

Thoughts?

Chuck