Hi,

Thanks a lot for your advice, Chuck.
Following your advice, I have modified my draft of proposal. (attachment)
I think it still needs more comments so that I can make it better.

And I found that maybe I can also make some functions related to linalg
(like dot, svd or something else) faster by integrating a proper library
into numpy.

Regards,
Leo Mao

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 3:09 AM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.har...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Leo Mao <lmao20...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Aron,
>>
>> Previously mentioned by Julian, Yeppp may be a good candidate.
>> As for selecting a good library, I will consider the performance and the
>> API of the library.
>> The integration of the library should improve the performance of numpy
>> and also not make the source too complicated to maintain.
>> And I think the library should be mature so that the API will not be
>> changed significantly.
>>
>> Please point out if there is something I miss.
>> Also I will be grateful to any suggestions for my proposal.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Leo Mao
>>

>> On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 12:54 AM, Aron Ahmadia <a...@ahmadia.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Leo,
>>>
>>> Out of curiosity, which vector math libraries did you have in mind as
>>> likely candidates for inclusion?  How are you planning on selecting the
>>> library to integrate?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Aron

> The proposal as it stands is too open ended and lacking in specifics.
> Probably you should select a library before the start of GSOC, or at least
> have a list of candidates, and also narrow the part of numpy you want to
> improve to something definite: linalg, special functions, etc. That doesn't
> mean you can't do more if time allows ;) An estimate of expected gains over
> current code would also help.
>
> Chuck

<<< text/html; charset=US-ASCII; name="proposal.html": Unrecognized >>>