On Apr 17, 2017, at 5:54 AM, Christo Simeonoff <integrity...@iinet.net.au>
wrote:

> Hi UPS List members,
>
> I  have purchased a number of Emerson Power / Liebert GXT4 UPS units.
> I have these working correctly under nut, but limited detsils are being
> reported.

What is reported (upsc output), and what other details are you looking for?

For comparison, this is all that we have working for the GXT3:
http://networkupstools.org/ddl/Liebert/GXT3.html (note that one is for the
serial driver, which is quite different from usbhid-ups.)

While there have not been many differences to the Belkin/Liebert HID mappings
since NUT 2.6.5, there have been numerous changes in the surrounding code. One
of these changes is to print numbers as floating point, so that values that
have been mistakenly divided will show up as decimals rather than zero.

Also, any fixes to this driver will require source code changes. You might want
to set up a development environment to rebuild NUT for your particular
distribution.

> I am happy to supply information on the USB communications to improve the
> reported details
>
> I can use WireShark to capture the comms between the supplied Windows GUI
> tool and the UPS

Ordinarily, a debug level of 3 can be overwhelming, but this vendor has some
issues with scaling. Can you please re-run the driver with "-DDD" and let it go
for about a minute? The list has a limit of ~ 40KB for attachments and body, so
please compress the log with gzip.

Also, depending on what is missing, it is helpful to have a list of real-world
events to go along with the Wireshark USB log. That is, if you cut the mains
power, mention the time as seen by the system running Wireshark, and any other
indications (front-panel display on the UPS, GUI response, etc.)