Hi Niklas,

pleased to see you're still there ;-)

2006/8/8, Niklas Edmundsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, Arnaud Quette wrote:

> to be simple: snmp-ups can translate SNMP data into NUT data. But it
> wont be able to shutoff the UPS! Not until somebody take over my
> unfinished work (@Nikklas: are you there?)

Yeah, I'm alive but currently on vacation. And before vacation I was
rather busy doing RealWork<tm>, so I've been out of the
NUT-loop for a while.

The current state of snmp-ups is not ideal. The best would probably be
to do a rewrite to get the support for different SNMP units nice and
modular without the current hacks, but unfortunately I currently don't
have time to do that. Regarding SNMP units there are further issues
that we really need to ponder before doing a rewrite, I think all
those thoughts are documented in the bug reporting system.

When I get some time (probably later this autumn) I'll take care of
fixing 3phase-support for some units (some people have sent me
snmpwalk-output of their units, implementation seems trivial enough).
Until then, I'll probably be rather passive.

ok, so ping me when you get back on this so that we can exchange so more thought.

Have a nice holiday (I'll be too as of tomorrow, for 2 weeks)

Arnaud