I changed one line only:

line 1463 in snmp-ups.c:
from:  if (su_info_p->info_flags & ST_FLAG_STRING) {
to:      if (su_info_p->flags & SU_TYPE_STRING) {

Can anyone please verify!

Because if it is true what I did then I believe that setting values might not have worked for any snmp ups.
And believe that this cannot be.  But with this change setting values now work with AP9617.  snmp-lib does not generate "" anymore.  Strange...

The other problem with the ups not shutting down is still open.

-lutzn

> I will post the changed apc-mib.c here. Ok? Or shall I send it to someone else?

This list is fine. Would you please post a unified diff (diff -u) instead of the whole file?

Thanks,

--
Charles Lepple
clepple@gmail