>> What I wonder if the shutdown is done proper. Does the shutdown command use
>> umount to prevent disk corruption?
>
> Yes, it prevents filesystem corruption, but I am not sure if it bothers to
> save the desktop state.
>
> You can check the "last" logs to see if it was cleanly shut down:
>
> $ last shutdown reboot
> reboot    ~                         Sun May 21 19:04
> shutdown  ~                         Sun May 21 19:03
>
> If you see a "reboot" without a corresponding "shutdown" before it, the
> system did not shut down properly.

reboot    ~                         Sun Jun 11 12:40
           ttys002                   Sun Jun 11 12:21 - crash  (00:18)
            ttys001                   Sun Jun 11 12:21 - crash  (00:18)
            ttys000                   Sun Jun 11 12:21 - crash  (00:18)

I see only a reboot. Not a shutdown.  But is this normal because shutdown -u -h
+0 is used?

>> I also have to find a solution for starting up upsmon when the Mac starts
>
> I never finished the integration for this branch, but...
>
> https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/compare/osx_launchd
>
> You can save off the Raw file, and replace @SBINDIR@ with /sw/sbin or
> whatever:
>
> https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/blob/161efce6c6fc32f205817ca71f8963af253cec59/scripts/launchd/org.networkupstools.upsmon.plist.in
>
> <https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/blob/161efce6c6fc32f205817ca71f8963af253cec59/scripts/launchd/org.networkupstools.upsmon.plist.in>

I will look in to it.

>> and also still open is the notification on the Mac.
>
> I used to have a script that would send UDP notifications to Growl, but that
> was before OS X notifications made Growl mostly obsolete. I can dig that up
> if it is of interest.

No thanks, I can use osascript to notify.

Kind Regards,

Rob