Roger,

The topology is:
        UPS TOPAPC, Data link to master, Power supply to master, slave1 and
slave2
        UPS MIDAPC, Data link to master, Power supply to master, slave1 and
slave2
        UPS BOTAPC, Data link to master, Power supply to master, slave1 and
slave2

Shutdown plan:
When wall power fails for any of the three UPS units, they continue powering
the master and the two slaves.  When two of the UPS battery have been depleted
and the last (MINSUPPLIES 1) UPS unit reaches the status [OB LB]. the two
slaves are shut down, and then the master is shutdown and sends shutdown signal
to UPS (#POWERDOWNFLAG /etc/killpower) has been temporarily remarked out in the
masters upsmon.conf to test if the slaves would shutdown vai hotsync or
deadtime.
Anyway, that is how I was envisioning it functioning with the current config
files; I may be mis-understanding something but that is the desired shutdown
plan.

I don't know if this helps with anything but if I execute upsmon -c fsd on any
of the three systems that system does shutdown but when I execute it on the
master system it does not shutdown either of the slave systems.

Drew Plaster | Systems Administrator
808 SW 3rd Avenue, Suite 300 | Portland, OR 97204
o: 503.415.2385 | c: 503.484.0168 | f: 503.415.2498
www.otak.com

at Otak, we consider the environment before printing emails.

Disclaimer:
The information transmitted in this e-mail message and attachments, if any, may
contain confidential material, and is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above. Distribution to, or review by, unauthorized
persons is prohibited. In the event of the unauthorized use of any material in
this transmission, neither Otak nor the sender shall have any liability and the
recipient shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless the sender, Otak and its
principals, agents, employees and subconsultants from all related claims and
damages. The recipient understands and agrees that any use or distribution of
the material in this transmission is conditioned upon the acceptance of the
terms stated in this disclaimer. If you have received this transmission in
error, immediately notify the sender and permanently delete this transmission
including attachments, if any.