Hi Sami,

On 12/9/06 2:27 PM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Author: siren
> Date: Sat Dec  9 14:27:07 2006
> New Revision: 485076

> Log:
> Optimize SpellCheckedMetadata further by taking into account the fact that it
> is used only for http-headers.
>
> I am starting to believe that spellchecking should just be an utility method
> used by http protocol plugins.

I think that right now I'm -1 for this change. I would make note of all the
comments on NUTCH-139, from which this code was born. In the end, I think
what we all realized was that the spell checking capabilities is necessary,
but not everywhere, as you point out. However, I don't think it's limited
entirely to HTTP headers (what you've currently changed the code to). I
think it should be implemented as a protocol layer service, also providing
spell checking support to other protocol plugins, like protocol-file, etc.,
where field headers run the risk of being misspelled as well. What's to stop
someone from implementing protocol-file++ that returns different file header
keys than that of protocol-file? Just b/c HTTP is the most pervasively used
plugin right now, I think it's convenient to assume that only HTTP protocol
field keys may need spell checking services.

Just my 2 cents...

Cheers,
  Chris