Hmm, whoami is on the machine. I've changed the Nutch builds so it now runs a script (running the same ant command it was running) and I source the hudson user environment.

The build is now failing because of this test:

test:
     [echo] Testing plugin: parse-swf
    [junit] Running org.apache.nutch.parse.swf.TestSWFParser
[junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 1.764 sec
    [junit] Test org.apache.nutch.parse.swf.TestSWFParser FAILED

FWIW, the output of this test (and perhaps others) is not being picked up by Hudson. Hudson is grabbing build/test/*.xml

Nige