Andrzej - Thanks that conf switch seemed to take care of it...! Any idea if the Hadoop native stuff will give any performance boost..??

rp

Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
RP wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but where and how do I do this..?? Nothing in conf files that I can see as a switch....

Ah-ha! you can't see it because it's a _hidden_ switch ... *evil grin*

Joking aside ... Yes, sorry for the confusion - it's a setting in the default Hadoop config, and Nutch config contains only overrides ... so you need to put this explicitly into your hadoop-site.xml, like this:

<property>
   <name>mapred.speculative.execution</name>
   <value>false</value>
</property>

If this fixes your problem, I'll put this property in the public sources.