On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 14:36:33 +0100
MilleBii <mille...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Never tried... Also you may want to check $NUTCH_HOME variable
> which should be different for each instance, otherwise it will
> only use one of the two conf dir.
[...]

Had meant to reply to the original poster, but had forgotten.
We have indeed run multiple instances of Nutch in separate
directories, without any problems.

I presume that you are using the crawl.sh script, or a derivative
of it. If so, as pointed out above, a likely cause of what you
are seeing is that the NUTCH_HOME variable in the script is set
to the same directory, so that the configuration from that directory
is the one picked up.

Regards,
Gora