This is a more recent version:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ashwood-nvo3-oam-requirements-04

See also these drafts:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tissa-nvo3-oam-fm-04
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-singh-nvo3-vxlan-router-alert-02
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nordmark-nvo3-transcending-traceroute-03

IIRC, there was an NVO3 OAM design team that was formed and we met
virtually at least a couple of times and then the effort died off.

Then there was another effort around OAM for overlays in the RTGWG.
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ooamdt-rtgwg-ooam-requirement-02

And finally, BFD over VXLAN:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bfd-vxlan-00

I haven't been following stuff closely, so I may have missed some related
work.

Thanks,
Anoop