And one thing to add which might be relevant for decision making - the
salaries in London are 30-40k entry, 50-60k for 2 years experience and ~70k
for 4 years experience, with a few companies going to 80k. Obviously the
rents are higher and the people are ruder etc etc etc.

I know you asked about Manchester specifically and I have no desire to
start a debate, but just for reference.