First of all, I would like to thank all the NY birders who responded to my
email last week about the birds of Jamaica Bay. I would not have seen many
birds without this advice. I was finally able to get up there today, the 5th.
The birding was excellent. Birds sighted by: James Randall, Alex Burdo, and
James Orrico. Also plenty of other birders there. Birds that I missed were
Western Sandpipers and the American Golden-Plover. Highlights were:

Northern Waterthrush---NE east pond
About 20 Northern Shovelers---eastern east pond
2 Little Blue Herons, one adult, one juvenile,---center of east pond
2 Glossy Ibis---west pond
2 American Avocets, fantastic birds!!!!----center of east pond
3 Red Knots----Black bellied Plover Flock toward center of east pond
About 15 White-rumped Sandpipers---everywhere on East Pond
1 Juvenile Wilson's Phalarope---NE east pond
2 Forster's Terns----near Black bellied Plover flock
2 Northern Parulas---trail to Big John's Pond
1 Magnolia Warbler---trail to Big John's Pond
1 Black-throated Blue Warbler---trail to Big John's Pond
1 Praire Warbler---trail to Big John's Pond

James Randall
Fairfield, CT