Spent the day in Orange County photographing grassland birds and scouted
some old territory.

No shots of the Upland Sandpiper, since it was too far from my lens.   The
bird was seen on the "Big Island" hill, while parked at the corner of Big
Island Road and Pulaski Hwy.  The bird was almost near the top of the hill
at the mow line adjacent to large oaks.

The Dickcissil was seen at the end of Indiana Road.  It was  singing from
the tops of many perches.  All private property around  here!!!   Also of
note are possible nesting Harriers. I saw two birds  frequent the center of the
grassland.

Furthermore a short hike up into the Pochuck State Forest yielded a
Kentucky Warbler.  Parking  for this forest preserve is down by Oil  City Road
on
the left when going south.  I would estimate the hike into the  forest is
probably 1.5 miles before it flattens out and thickening understory  becomes
apparent.  The bird was heard on the south side of the  trail.  Further
investigation will tell if this is a breeding  bird.

This site is just west of where I had Kentucky Warbler breeding for 2 years
 on the eastern side of the Pochuck ridge (5 years ago) At the time I had
permission back then to access the private lands from Glennville Road when
working as an ornithologist for the Metropolitan Conservation Alliance.

Other birds of note

Orchard Orioles
Indigo Buntings
Grasshopper Sparrows