Went on a brief frip to the south part of Pelham Bay park and had a small
influx of migrant warblers.  Most notable were a pair of Hooded Warblers but
the flock included Black & white, American Redstart, Chestnut-sided, Blackpoll,
and a few other species.  I also noticed unfortunately that none of the Monk
Parakeets have returned to the ball fields, surprise, surprise.  Does anyone
know where they have gone to?

Still getting my six orioles and hummer at the feeders.  I've noticed that
occasionally a couple of the orioles will fluff up and angle towards the sun
for a few minutes while it sits on the feeder.  I've seen birds do this but am
surprised it would do it on the feeder after taking a few sips.  Just another
interesting observation of these beauties.  It's also cool to watch all of them
interacting with each other, the bees, and the catbirds that come.  I also have
an immature Downy Woodpecker that I'm convinced knocks on the side of the
window next to the suet feeder when it's empty and then looks in the window to
see if anyone is there.  I then go out to fill it and it sits on the top of the
window until I leave and then immediately comes to the suet.  Very cute.  Got
to love these little guys.

Andrew

Andrew v. F. Block
Consulting Naturalist/Wildlife Biologist
37 Tanglewylde Avenue
Bronxville, Westchester Co., New York 10708-3131
Phone: 914-337-1229; Fax: 914-771-8036