We've had the perfect confluence since last Friday of weather (two cold fronts)
and urban duty (re-seeding the Bryant Park lawn) attracting many migrants to
chase insects in the shaded corners of the park's human-free expanse.
Although not everything from Sam Stuart's last two great reports stuck around
long - Redstarts, plenty of Common Yellow-throats, and one Palm (Western) have
been out on the lawn every day this week - joined by one immature Song Sparrow.

This morning before 10am, I caught the chicken-walk of a Connecticut Warbler
skulking around the Begonia's surrounding the birdbath in the northeast corner.
 Larger and greener than the nervous Common Yellow-throats surrounding it, my
encounter was brief, a tourist-birder from Norway interrupted my concentration
and it took off for the London Planes over the Grill.  I could not find it
again during lunch.  However, added a Northern Waterthrush near the ice cream
stand and a Yellow, a Black-throated Green, and a Magnolia in the trees.

Happy Midtown Birding,
Alan Drogin