I spent a few hours in Inwood Hill Park this morning. It was much quieter
than yesterday, but there were still some birds around. My first warbler of
the morning was a Bay-breasted Warbler in the trees along the nw corner of
the soccer fields at the north end of the park. Going up onto the ridge
there was a fair amount of activity directly under the Henry Hudson Bridge
with Eastern Wood-Pewees, Red-eyed Vireos, and Black-and-white Warblers
predominating, with the occasional Magnolia around. I did not see the Bald
Eagle reported just to the south at Fort Tryon Park, but Ospreys were still
in evidence, some even perched in the park carrying fish. Single Ovenbird
and Northern Waterthrush brought my two day warbler count to 16 species for
the park over the weekend.

Joe DiCostanzo

www.greatgullisland.org