Date:Oct. 26, 2013

The BBG (Brooklyn Botanic Garden) birding class recorded 49 species while
birding Jamaica Bay NWR. The highlights were the ducks which were found
entirely  on the East Pond. We saw: Black, Gadwall, Mallard, Pintail (5),
Wigeon, Wood, N.  Shoveler, Green-winged Teal, Scaup, Bufflehead, Ruddy. We
also
saw American  Coot. The number of Yel-rumps was impressive but it was the
only warbler  recorded. We had excellent looks at Blue-headed Vireo.

Sparrow numbers were OK but only 4 species (Song, Swamp, White-throat,
Chipping) seen. Someone showed us a photo of a Vesper  sparrow taken 15
minutes earlier but we couldn't locate the bird.

Also nice was a flock of 20 Snowy Egrets fishing together with Cormorants.

Best,
Joe Giunta