12/2/14, TuesdayPat Pollock
@ 1:00 pm, in the snow/rain saw a small goose among Canada geese.  Can't find a
match so far.  Closest was an immature Brant:  goose in question has dark head,
no white chinstrap, dark neck and chest.  Below it is white on belly, marked
with vertical streaks on flank and very white to rear; dark above, very small
alongside the Canada flock.  They were in NE section and close enough in I
could see the small goose's eye which was dark and blended with the small head
and small bill.I hoped the internet would display some hybrids, but cdn't find
a likeness. If anybody  else was out in the wretched weather today and saw that
small goose, please call me or put it on Ebirds/ NYS (NO Common Merganser today
in north, middle & west sides of Reservoir)12 Hooded Mergansers,several
American Coots2 Ringed-neck Ducks in NE corner8  Buffleheads(NO Pied-billed
Grebe that I cd see)
on Monday, 12/1/14Common Merganser in center of line of seagulls moving north &
south & frequently under water1st bird of day was Ruby-crowned Kinglet on
retaining wall in brush, 10 Buffleheads, 2 R-N-Ducks eastside, Am. Coots,
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker Pinetum, Red bel. W.P., White-breasted Nuthatch
on Sunday, 11/30/14Upper Lobe 3 Fox Sparrows near rock @ north entranceand
quite a few assorted finches in Sweetgum trees:  Goldfinches,House finches,
Junko showed us (f) Purple Finch along Mugger's Walk earlier Frank Rutella
spotted 1st Hermit Thrush I'd seen for a # of days, and a Yellow-bellied
Sapsucker in Pinetum,