I commute to NYC via the train that runs along the Hudson River from
Croton-Harmon station. Today, the day of "the blizzard that wasn't", was
the first day this winter I have seen more than a single bald eagle. Eight
bald eagles, both immature and adult, perched in trees above phragmites on
north shore of Croton Bay (southeast of Croton Point Park's capped
landfill).

Still no permanent river ice so will be curious of numbers increase. Did a
run by George's Island (Montrose, NY) last week at the time they typically
come into roost for the night and saw none. Are people north of Peekskill
seeing greater numbers?

Tom Rhindress
Yorktown Heights, NY