Thanks, Anders, for posting my NYNYBIRD text.

I found the two Cliff Swallows at the Meer on Bob DeCandido's bird walk and was
able to get a photo of one at a little before 9:15am. By lunchtime the swallows
had been seen by several more birders. Also in the flock, which had swelled to
more than two dozen birds were Tree Swallows, Barn Swallows, and Northern
Rough-winged Swallows. The swallows would perch in a tree on the island, then
fly off together (perhaps to warm up), allowing good, but distant looks at both
perched and flying birds.

Cliff Swallow photo:

Other birds (not all) at the north end this morning:

Wood Duck - male at the Meer
Bufflehead - 4 at the Pool
Double-crested Cormorant
Great Egret
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
Northern Flicker
Eastern Phoebe
Fish Crow
Black-capped Chickadee
White-breasted Nuthatch
Brown Creeper
Blue-gray Gnatcatchers - 2, one at either end of the Loch
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Hermit Thrush
Northern Mockingbird
Brown Thrasher
Pine Warbler
Palm Warbler
Eastern Towhee
Swamp Sparrow
Song Sparrow
American Goldfinch

At the Reservoir the Common Loon came in close at the northeast corner. Also
seen there: American Black Duck (2), Northern Shoveler (10), Bufflehead
(10)Hooded Merganser (2), Ruddy Duck (2), American Coot (1) and three species
of gulls, but not Laughing Gull.

Deborah Allen