After receiving the original email from Rob Longiaru (thanks Rob!) I
arrived at Nickerson Beach to find Bob Anderson already there, with Bob
Proniewicz arriving soon afterward.  The birds possessed no bands on their
legs, and as evidenced by their eventual departure, a clear ability to
fly.  All hind toes appeared to be present, though I'm sure that others
with better photographs can substantiate this.  Additionally, they were
extremely wary of people and displayed alert posture whenever anyone
approached within about 100 feet.  As Brendan said, their flight was low,
leaving the possibility that they are still in the area.

Photos, albeit of poor quality, are in this eBird checklist and my flickr
account:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bebirder/

Also worth noting in the area was a Tricolored Heron at Captree Island (no
White-faced Ibis)

Good Birding
Brent Bomkamp
Northport, NY