Thanks for this, Jim. My only quibble with what you’ve said is that the change
was in requiring a permit year-round. Previously, birders could use the lots
from mid-November through mid-March without needing a permit. No birds are
nesting then, and one assumes that the nude beach is fairly empty. 🥶 I’ve
rarely seen surfers or anglers out there in winter, and the lot has never been
full. I understand the need to restrict the crowds during beach season, but the
decision to exclude birders in February seems arbitrary, especially on
non-holiday weekdays.
Dawn

Sent from my iPhone