They did notify, "months ago" back in June... (as below) and again
yesterday.

-------------------------------
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 at 11:30
Subject: Re: [Megaport Auckland IX] Upcoming large increase in prefixes
from MegaIX Auckland Route Servers
To: <auckland-ix-annou...@lists.megaport.com>

Hi AKL peers,

Just a reminder regarding the increase of prefixes from the MegaIX Auckland
Route Servers mentioned below. We are expecting the increase to occur in
the next few days depending on peer turn-up schedule.

Gavin

On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 at 16:25, Michael Fincham <mich...@hotplate.co.nz>
wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 16:23:56 +1200
> Dave Mill <d...@mill.net.nz> wrote:
>
> > Megaport AKL emailed their customers multiple times about HE turning up
> > their services.
> >
> > NZIX also emailed.
> >
> > So I assume its just 'domestic' transit providers that maybe aren't
> > notifying us?
>
> I don't think this is the right way to look at it. Those routes are going
> to end up in everyone's "domestic" feeds. HE should have been here on NZNOG
> months ago making sure everyone was OK with this and ready.
>
> Nobody is running a 10x safety margin on their BGP limits...
>
> --
> Michael

Kind Regards

Liam Farr