OAuthAccessor.accessToken should be initialized to null, not "" (to
indicate that the consumer has not yet obtained a valid access token).

The example oauth-provider validates requests like this:

  SampleOAuthProvider.VALIDATOR.validateMessage(requestMessage,
accessor);

It calls SimpleOAuthValidator.validateSignature, which calls
OAuthSignatureMethod.validate, which should call HMAC_SHA1.isValid.