When using this library you can use an OAuthValidator implementation, like
SimpleOAuthValidator, to check the signature, timestamp, & nounce. An
example of it being used can be found in the EchoServlet on line 52
"SampleOAuthProvider.VALIDATOR.validateMessage(requestMessage, accessor);"
[1]. More specifically the SimpleOAuthValidator.validateSignature method
checks the signature [2]. You can see the validation fail if you hit the
servlet without the OAuth parameters/headers at /echo (ie
http://localhost:8080/oauth-provider/echo). An HTTP 401 will be returned
indicating you are unauthorized. Of course this is just an example, and you
will likely need to change some things for a production environment. For
example nounces are kept track of in memory which is probably not advisable.

Another example that you might take a look at, if you haven't already, is
the OAuth Spring Security extension's example applications [3]. If you are
not already familiar with Spring and Spring Security it may take some time
to figure out what is going on though.

PS: You probably already know this but better to be safe than sorry. I
noticed the link you referenced points to version 1.0 of the specification.
A security vulnerability has been fixed in the 1.0a version of the
specification [4], so you will likely want to use that version.

[1]
http://www.google.com/codesearch/p?hl=en&sa=N&cd=2&ct=rc#CgbtcNIPOZo/code/branches/balfanz/body-signatures/java/example/oauth-provider/src/net/oauth/example/provider/servlets/EchoServlet.java&q=EchoServlet&exact_package=http://oauth.googlecode.com/svn&l=52

[2]
http://www.google.com/codesearch/p?hl=en&sa=N&cd=6&ct=rc#CgbtcNIPOZo/code/branches/jmkristian-2009-04/java/core/commons/src/main/java/net/oauth/SimpleOAuthValidator.java&q=SimpleOauthValidator&exact_package=http://oauth.googlecode.com/svn&l=161

[3] http://spring-security-oauth.codehaus.org/tutorial.html

[4] http://oauth.net/core/1.0a

Regards,
Rob