Hi Hannes,

Thanks for your answer - I can definitely understand the sentiments and of
course as you mentioned before there is more than one side of the story and
this absolutely isn't one person's decision! Also maybe official statements are
not appropriate / possible but I would ask (and I think a lot of people would):

 1. Will the IETF group complete the process and still finalize a full
specification as forseen? (and in the
     timeframe forseen - I think the charter runs to 2013 if I'm not wrong.

 2. Will there be any activity which takes on board / responds to some of the
points made by Eran? (Note
     I'm not saying there is an obligation - just that it feels like some
acknowledgement would make sense
     and a idea that the comments had been "received and considered" (or not)).

You stated that Eran would disagree - which may be true of course, but I don't
think this is a reason not to make statements.

I guess what I'm trying to say above all is that people will be trying to make
decisions about adoption and it would be helpful to have a forward looking
statement from the IETF group as to where things are headed. Even if this is
not at all in doubt for the group, it might be when seen from the outside.

Don't know if that makes some kind of sense.

 steve.