Stephen,

I'm working on updating these drafts and as I look again at the text that's
in §5. Interoperability Considerations and the requirement in §3 Assertion
Format and Processing Requirements to compare these values using the Simple
String Comparison (absent an application profile specifying otherwise) I'm
not sure what to say or where based on your suggestion below. Is there
something specific you can suggest (and where to put it)?

Thanks,
Brian