I raised the below question during the WGLC back in March but never got any
response.

JWE does add nontrivial size overhead to the message and in the case that a
JWT containing a symmetric confirmation key is already a JWE, the spec
would seem to require two layers of encryption and the associated over
overhead that comes with it - even though the key is already encrypted by
the outer JWE layer.

I believe the draft should speak to how a symmetric key be represented as a
claim in the clear when the encryption of it is provided the JWE/JWT that
contains it.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 12:40 AM, Brian Campbell <bcampb...@pingidentity.com