Thanks for the review Torsten! ... comments inserted ...

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 11:59 AM, Torsten Lodderstedt <
tors...@lodderstedt.net> wrote:

> Hi Dick,
>
> I like the draft! It puts together some best practices relevant for
> dynamic OAuth in a reasonable way.
>
> Some comments:
>
> Section 2:
> I appreciate the idea to let the resource determine its resource URI
> (later used as aud of the access token). This will allow the RS to segment
> and group its resources as needed.

:)

> Section 3:
> Don’t you think it could be a useful information to have the resource URI
> available in the authorization flow?I would assume it could have some
> additional meaning to the AS and could also be the context of the scope.

I'm assuming you are referring to the Authorization Code Grant. Good call
out that the resource URI would be useful in the redirect.

The use cases that I have been working with have all been Client Credential
Grants

I currently don't know of a real world use case for the Authorization Code
Grant for Distributed OAuth.

> Section 4:
> I think the client MUST authenticate using a PoP (asymmetric crypto based)
> mechanisms due to the attack angle given in 6.3
> Did you intentionally restricted the draft to single resources?

yes

> I would desire support for an integrated UI flow for authorizing access to
> multiple resources at once. This makes sense in multi-service deployments..

It could be. Would be great to get some real use cases for that in an
Authorization Code Grant.

> Section 6.1.
> I suggest you also refer to https://tools.ietf.org/html/
> draft-ietf-oauth-security-topics-06#section-3.7 for a comprehensive
> discussion of this threat.

Thanks