I disagree.

Existing deployments that have not mitigated against the concerns with
implicit should be ripped up and updated.

For example, at one time, I think it was Instagram that had deployed
implicit because it was easier to do. Once the understood the security
implications, they changed the implementation.

BCPs are rarely a response to a new threat, their are capturing Best
Current Practices so that they become widely deployed.