On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 7:20 AM Daniel Fett <f...@danielfett.de> wrote:

> Am 26.11.19 um 14:24 schrieb Karsten Meyer zu Selhausen:
> > Depending on its implementation the client might simply extract all data
> > contained in the Client Information Response and use it for
> > authorizations with the specific AS.
> > We were able to confirm that one popular open-source library behaves in
> > this exact way. It stores the redirect URI contained in the Client
> > Information Response and uses it for Authorization Requests with the
> > A-AS although it differs from the redirect URI in the Client
> > Registration Request.
>
> The client uses untrusted, unverified data to make its decision on what
> redirect URI to use.
>
> Nonetheless, we should definitely mention this in the BCP!

RFC 7591 basically says that the AS can replace/substitute/augment any of
the client registration info and leaves it up to the client as to how to
handle differences from what was requested. There are quite a few things
that just wouldn't make sense for the AS to change and some like redirect
URI that could potentially be dangerous.  Perhaps the BCP should mention
the situation and recommend that a client not proceed if the redirect URIs
(and others?) don't align with what was requested.

computer. Thank you._