I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess/suggest that implicit in Annabelle's
comment was an assumption that signing ATs and ID Tokens with different
keys would be done to prevent token substitution/confusion. And there's not
really a practical way to achieve that with the mechanics of the jwks_uri.

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 3:53 AM Vittorio Bertocci <vittorio.bertocci=
40auth0....@dmarc.ietf.org> wrote:

> *>§4 p3: The only practical way for the AS to sign ATs and ID Tokens with
> different keys is to publish the keys in two different JWK sets. This only
> way to do this today is by publishing separate OAuth 2.0 authorization
> server metadata and OIDC Discovery metadata files, where the JWK set in the
> former applies to access tokens and the JWK set in the latter applies to ID
> Tokens.*
>
> Hmm, I don’t follow. The OIDC jwks_uri can contain multiple keys, and they
> all can be used for signing. What prevents the AS to use one key from that
> list for IDtokens and another for ATs? Separate discovery docs shouldn’t be
> necessary. Sure, there would be no way for the RS to know what key is used
> for what- but similar mechanisms are already in place today for handling
> signing key rotation: e.g. the discovery doc lists the current key and the
> future key, but uses only the current- and the RS has no way of
> distinguishing between the two. The situation here can be analogous, any
> key in the discovery doc should be considered valid by the RS, and in fact
> there’s no requirement about selecting specific keys in the validation
> section. That doesn’t mean this is useless, an AS might elect to use
> different keys for its own purposes (eg separation of concerns for
> forensics, different strengths, different lifecycles, and so on).

computer. Thank you._