this market maker...does 'he' use the same broker for each transaction?
if so, could you give us a hint of the broker code/name?

thx b4

2008/12/11 Elaine Sui <elainesu...@gmail.com>

  Artomoro dan Oentoeng
    punya kenal bozz. Elaine tidak tahu bozz. Kalau Market Makers itu Elaine
    tahu. They're responsible for maintaining market liquidity. About 40% of
the
    daily volume is NOT made by traders. Terlalu sedikit traders (with adequate
    fund) untuk bisa keep IDX liquid, and most big funds are not doing day
    trading.

These market makers are official and endorsed by the IDX
    (though never exposed). Basically what they do are just moving things
    around. So you know. Sometimes you may see their work by looking at broker
    codes, like broker XX bought 60,000 shares, and then sold 59,500 shares on
    the next day. I assure you  that THIS was done by a market maker. The
    fact that they only did a net buy of 500 shares. No fees of
    course.

Without them, IDX will be very 'dry' and volatile. Their job
    is to provide buyers/sellers for everyone. Every stock market has market
    makers, I dunno about IDX, but in the US this is done by automated
    computers.

Elaine