From: "Rony S.U" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 07:01:55
To:<obrolan-bandar@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [obrolan-bandar] OOT: How to do self-CRP when you have a
heart-attack?

Maaf mbah, saya ingin mencoba meluruskan message yg Cough - Self CPR itu.
 As a physician,  i have a responsibility to respon to the wrong message sent
earlier.
Semoga bermanfaat.

-----------------

Cough CPR, reff : www.americanheart. <http://www.americanheart.org> org
AHA/American Heart Organization) or u can browse it on www.about.com
<http://www.about.com>

The American Heart Association does not endorse "cough CPR," a coughing
procedure widely publicized on the Internet. As noted in the 2005 American
Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency
Cardiovascular Care, the American Heart Association DOES NOT TEACH THIS AS PART
OF THE CORE CURRICULUM IN ANY COURSE.
During a sudden arrhythmia (abnormal heart rhythm), it may be possible for a
conscious, responsive person to cough forcefully and maintain enough blood flow
to the brain to remain conscious for a few seconds until the arrhythmia
disappears or is treated. Blood flow is maintained by increased pressure in the
chest that occurs during forceful coughs. This has been mislabeled "cough CPR,"
although it's not a form of traditional resuscitation.
Why isn't "cough CPR" appropriate in CPR training courses?
"Cough CPR" should not be routinely taught in lay-rescuer CPR courses, because
it would complicate teaching traditional CPR. It would add information that's
not generally useful in the prehospital setting. In virtually all lay-rescuer
CPR courses, the finding that signals an emergency is the victim's
unresponsiveness. This signals the rescuer to begin the "A, B, C's" of CPR.
Unresponsive victims will not be able to perform "cough CPR."
Are there situations when "cough CPR" is appropriate?
This coughing technique to maintain blood flow during brief arrhythmias has
been useful in the hospital, particularly during cardiac catheterization. In
such cases the patient's ECG is monitored continuously, and a physician is
present.
During cardiac catheterization, patients may develop sudden arrhythmias. If a
life-threatening arrhythmia is detected within the first 10 to 15 seconds and
before the patient loses consciousness, a physician or nurse may tell the
patient to cough. Repeated, forceful coughing can help the person stay
conscious until the arrhythmia disappears or is treated.
Therefore, the usefulness of "cough CPR" is generally limited to monitored
patients with a witnessed arrest in the hospital setting.
 Kesimpulan: Jadi, Self CPR yang dengan batuk itu hanya digunakan pada keadaan
jantung tertentu yakni aritmia yang sedang menjalani proses kateterisasi
jantung di RS, dan itupun dilakukan tentunya dibawah pengawasan medis. Hal itu
dilakukan untuk menjaga agar aliran darah tetap dipertahankan untuk menuju
ke otak (dengan meningkatkan tekanan di rongga dada , karena batuk akan
meningkatkan takanan pada rongga dada) sehingga pasien diharapkan akan tetap
sadar untuk sementara. Bila serangan jantungnya adalah non aritmia, teknik
batuk ini tidak berguna sama sekali karena "in a true heart attack where the
blood supply to the heart is blocked, the "coughing CPR" would not do any
good"
AHA Recommendation
The best strategy is to be aware of the early warning signs for heart attack
and cardiac arrest and respond to them by calling 9-1-1. If you're driving
alone and you start having severe chest pain or discomfort that starts to
spread into your arm and up into your jaw (the scenario presented in the
Internet article), pull over and flag down another motorist for help or phone
9-1-1 on a cellular telephone.--> Kalau di indonesia yang susah, tdk ada nomor
tlp emergency terpadu seperti 911, ....di Indonesia mungkin bisa diganti dengan
menelpon 118 (AGDT/ Ambulans Gawat Darurat Terpadu), tapi sayangnya baru ada di
Jakarta dan Surabaya , dan yg 'katanya gratis' hanya yang di Jakarta....
Semoga bermanfaat
Rgds, Rony S.U