Hi all,

And thanks Graeme for sharing this. I would also be cautious about this hub. The intention is obviously good, building a space where anyone interesting in OSM would join the hub. But my concern is what is the role of HOT into this.

HOT has been criticized a lot when making money on a community when it started to be an organization. It was not clear if projects were made by HOT as a community (originally HOT was a part of OSM community) or by HOT as the NGO (with paid staff, paid projects, projects responding to UN/global needs ..). Now they reshaped their website and it's much more clear. Hope they are not repeating it here. Having an OSM / Open Mapping hub is great, but I would be careful about the governance. Who takes the decision? What is the space for openmapping communities at decision levels?

Hope this initiative is built in an inclusive way on all levels,

Best,

Violaine