Le 04/03/2019 à 20:30, Samuel Klein a écrit :
For group contacts + reports :  It would be good to have an annual nomination thread, and short wiki vote, a few months before our annual report? (/August/ each year) That way we can use the same energy to summarize what's been happening; those involved in active projects should feel welcome to be liaisons; and we keep the meta pages up to date.

On board voting:
+ Arranging private votes has been a perennial weakness for the movement.  Would others be interested in public discussion of pros/cons of different candidates? + I respect the concerns around voting multiple times: we want people to be comfortable joining many groups while only voting once.  Is there any proposal yet re: how to do this? + Say that, per Nemo, only incorporated groups vote in the final selection.  Perhaps we could share formal recommendations with that group, before their vote (and sort those out on Meta).

Well... This is not what I read in the new bylaws.
https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Amended_Bylaws_Article_IV,_Section_3_(2019)

And I discussed that topic with Wikimedia France board members a week ago and what they said to me is not either consistent with Nemo's claim that only incorporated groups participate in the final selection.

So ?

Did I completely misunderstand it and only incorporated vote, or did you misinterpretate and all affiliates in good standing can vote ?

Florence

SJ

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 9:39 AM Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemow...@gmail.com <mailto:nemow...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Thanks for raising the point.

    Florence Devouard, 27/02/19 14:17:
    > Yet... an WMF affiliate has some obligations... so how should we
    deal
    > with that in the least time-consuming, least-bureaucratic,
    > least-expensive way, yet playing our role in representing,
    recruting and
    > promoting offline in the mouvement ?

     From my point of view as a supporter of offline projects, the ideal
    solution is that all affiliates agree that only incorporated entities
    will have a formal vote (whatever its weight) in the final phase
    of the
    selection of 2 board seats, to avoid creating new unwanted work about
    internal governance.

    Alternatively, a simple method might be to decide that all user
    groups
    will have a discussion/vote on a certain wiki page where all their
    members can join (Meta-Wiki may be enough if it can be public), so
    that
    it's easy to identify unwanted patterns. (And establish a quorum or
    whatever other criteria is decided.)

    Federico

Samuel Klein  @metasj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266