Hi

Kiwix-Desktop is our windowed ZIM reader for Windows/MacOS/Linux. For
years, it has been our traditional and most famous solution... but it
has reached its end-of-life.

With the help of the WMF we have been working since months to provide a
replacement: Kiwix Desktop 2.0. End of last year we have proposed a
first replacement for MacOS: http://macos.kiwix.org/. Today we want to
introduce Kiwix Desktop 2.0 for Windows & Linux with the release of its
beta5 version.

Kiwix Desktop 2.0 main features are:
* Windows & Linux
* Support new ZIM files with embedded fulltext index
* Fulltext search
* Suggestion system based on titles
* Library with both local & remote content
* Ability to search/download/delete ZIM files
* Zoom
* Fullscreen
* Reader list
* Tabs
* Search in page
* ...

You can download it:
* Windows x86 64 bits:
https://download.kiwix.org/release/kiwix-desktop/kiwix-desktop_windows_x64.zip
* Linux x86 64 bits:
https://download.kiwix.org/release/kiwix-desktop/kiwix-desktop_x86_64.appimage
or
https://download.kiwix.org/release/kiwix-desktop/org.kiwix.desktop.flatpak.
Also available on Flathub https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.kiwix.desktop

The RC1 will be published in around 10 days and we plan to release the
official 2.0.0 during July. Please give it a try and share your
feedbacks at https://github.com/kiwix/kiwix-desktop/issues.

Developers, the whole open source project is handled at
https://github.com/kiwix/kiwix-desktop. If you have a look in detail you
will see that there is still quite a bit of work to do. We really seek
for C++ volunteers to help us improving Kiwix Desktop 2.0. One or two
motivated guys would be so welcome to help our professional main developer.

Regards
Emmanuel

--
Kiwix - Wikipedia Offline & more