Yes, we should sign the letter

(Note 1: I am not very active in the UG, but I took time to pay close
attention to what was going on in this matter, and I think the way it's
being dealt with from the UG's side is formidable, Note 2: I voted the
same yesterday in a direct email to Florence, but supposing that public
emails are better for transparent vote counting)

On 6/30/20 11:46 AM, Gabriel Thullen wrote:
> I am in favour of signing the letter
> Gabe
>
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 11:10 AM renaud gaudin <rgau...@gmail.com
> <mailto:rgau...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I am also in favor of signing it.
>
>     On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 8:59 AM Florence Devouard
>     <anth...@anthere.org <mailto:anth...@anthere.org>> wrote:
>
>         REMINDER for those who did not vote yet... please give your
>         opinion
>
>         Current status: 6 votes given
>

>         Flo
>

>         Le 28/06/2020 à 00:59, Florence Devouard a écrit :
>         > Hello all
>         >
>         >
>         > Sj and I have discussed and decided the following.
>         >
>         >
>         > 1) We have decided that the offline wikimedians UG will not
>         answer the
>         > WMF survey.
>         > Main argument is purely technical. Due to the complex design
>         of the
>         > survey, we consider it too difficult to collect your collective
>         > opinions and draw relevant conclusions to inject into the
>         survey.
>         > We could have made it simpler is filling a survey that would
>         reflect
>         > Sj and I opinion, but we did not feel we should do that.
>         > So, if you want to provide your opinion and answer the WMF
>         survey,
>         > please do so at the individual level (we strongly suggest
>         you do)
>         > --->
>         >

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Communications/Wikimedia_brands/2030_movement_brand_project/Naming_convention_proposals
>         >
>         >
>         > 2) With regards to signing the COOL (Community Open Letter on
>         > renaming), we would like to ask you to please vote by saying :
>         >
>         > either "Yes, we should sign the letter"
>         > or "No, we should not sign the letter"
>         >
>         > Neutral opinion will be counted as No
>         >
>         >
>         > If we have at least 7 members voting and at least 2/3 YES,
>         we will
>         > sign the letter.
>         > If we have at least 7 members voting and less than 2/3 YES,
>         we will
>         > not sign the letter.
>         > If we have less than 7 members voting, we will not sign the
>         letter.
>         >
>         > Please vote by answering to this email (public statement)
>         > Deadline Wenesday
>         >
>         > Link to the letter :
>         >
>         https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_open_letter_on_renaming
> [...]

Benjamin Balder Bach
Software development, board member, 100% volunteer
www.twitter.com/benjaoming

FAIR Denmark // www.fairdanmark.dk
Ensuring digital longevity and development through free, open knowledge and
software

i...@fairdenmark.dk
tel. +45 29900413

https://www.facebook.com/fairdanmark/